Former Vice Chancellor of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Prof. Afolabi Soyode, has described the Deputy Governorship Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Hajia Lateefat 'Yemi Sowunmi-Kolapo, as a woman of integrity.
Prof. Soyode, who is the Life President and Chairman, Board of Trustees of Abeokuta Club, said the last time he sat down, one on one, with Kolapo was over 20 years ago, adding that, with the passage of time, he always remembered her with "admiration and appreciation."
He spoke when the deputy governorship candidate paid him a courtesy visit at his residence in Abeokuta recently, as part of ongoing consultations ahead of the 2027 governorship election in Ogun State.
"It was about 20 years ago that we saw last. I finished my tenure as VC at Ago Iwoye, April 2006. Even with the passage of time, I remember Alhaja with admiration, with appreciation.
"She was one editor that was very supportive, very objective, and with integrity."
While seeking support for her principal, the PDP Governorship Candidate, Hon. Oladipupo Adebutu,, Kolapo noted that Prof Soyode was one of "the very few illustrious sons of Egbaland that true sons and daughters are very proud of."
"I've always known you, our father, to be a man of integrity. We, the younger ones look up to you. That was why when I was told about your book launch and birthday celebration, I said I had to be part of it. Your support and prayers today mean a lot to me," she stated.
Prof Soyode prayed for the success of the PDP governorship ticket, saying that as a stakeholder in Ogun State, he should be interested in who governs the state.




No comments:
Post a Comment